Your Storage Unit Size Guide
May 12th, 2021
Choosing the right sized storage unit seems easy until it comes time to actually do so. If you are renting a storage unit, you want to pick one that can hold the items you intend to store, without having to pay more than you really need. Our team at Dependable Storage is dedicated to getting you into the right-sized storage unit custom-tailored for your specific needs. That’s why our team has created a guide to help you choose the right sized storage unit for your personal storage needs.
What Size Do You Need?
There are several common measurements for storage units. The problem is that most people are not able to calculate how much square footage they need based on the size of the items they're storing. If you plan to move anytime soon, use the storage unit size guide below to consider your future storage needs.
- 5’ x 5’: Similar to a walk-in closet, this space fits a few pieces of furniture, six to eight boxes, or seasonal items. (25 sq. ft.)
- 5’ x 10’: Fits most items for a studio or small one-bedroom apartment. (50 sq. ft.)
- 10’ x 10’: Fits items for a one-bedroom apartment or large studio. (100 sq. ft.)
- 10’ x 15’: Stores items for a small two-bedroom apartment or most household furniture or appliances. (150 sq. ft.)
- 10’ x 20’: Perfect for items in a small two-bedroom house or storing a small vehicle. (200 sq. ft.)
- 10’ x 30’: Ideal for items in a two- or three-bedroom home. It can store a small boat or a standard-sized vehicle. (300 sq. ft.)
Failing to account for weather conditions such as heat and humidity can leave your belongings vulnerable to the elements. Don’t risk your valuable property by failing to protect it while it’s stored. Our climate-controlled storage units are great for home furnishings, appliances, electronics, antiques, clothing, and other goods susceptible to the effects of heat and humidity.
Three of our newest facilities—Prairieville, LaPlace, and Gulfport—have state-of-the-art dehumidifiers, which go beyond temperature control to ensure mold and mildew won’t grow by keeping the humidity below 50%.
Looking To Reserve A Storage Unit Near Prairieville?
Then look no further! We’re happy to walk you through the process, and you start it right here on our website. Contact us today to start the process! Finding a perfectly sized storage space is necessary for storing all your possessions without paying for more space than you need. From small units to vehicle storage, Dependable Storage provides storage solutions for all of your storage needs.
We have storage units in Prairieville and all over the surrounding area, and it’s cheaper, safer, and more reliable than traditional storage facilities. The right size storage unit in Prairieville, or the surrounding area, is just a click away at Dependable Storage. Whether you need to store a boat, a car, household furniture, or just a few personal items, we have options close to you. So contact us today and see how we can help you!
Blog | Dependable Storage